28 Aug 10 Great Reasons To Treat Sports Injury With Massage Therapy
People who are physically active and athletes are no strangers to sports injury. Many people may initially choose to brave any injuries and pain. But pain causing sports injury treatment is most effective with early intervention. Neglected injuries and pain may turn into chronic pain and complex conditions, interfering with your personal and professional life.
Massage is an extremely popular form of manual therapy for sports injury treatment at leading pain clinics, such as Sorrento Valley Pain Relief Center in San Diego. It is widely used by physical therapists, sports therapists and other professionals for the treatment of sports injuries. Massage therapy signals the body to release serotonin, which is the body’s natural painkiller. That helps in relieving pain and damaged tissue healing.
There are several benefits of massage therapy for sports injury treatment –
- blood circulationimproves
- relaxation and improved circulation results in decreased blood pressure and heart rate
- sensory receptors are activated, soothing nervous system and reducing pain
- relaxation promotes stimulation of parasympathetic system
- increased relaxation helps to restore sleep that helps in recovery
- provides relief from muscle soreness caused by exercise
- improved circulation means better oxygen and nutrient delivery to soft tissues; this aids recovery and healing
- increased flexibility of soft tissues
- breakdown of fibrous adhesions in soft tissues that may have occurred as part of a healing process
- found highly effective in knee, neck and back pain that are common in sports injuries
If you would like to benefit from the effects of massage therapy for sports injury treatment, call Sorrento Valley Pain Relief Center in San Diego, at 858-263-1062o visit sorrentovalleypainrelief.com.