20 Sep FAQs on Medical Weight Loss and the Skinny Shot
Thousands of Americans choose either commercial or medical weight loss centers to beat the scourge of obesity and overweight. About 60 million Americans are overweight while more than 40 million are obese. The prevalence of obesity has increased fourfold in last three decades and at least 3 million are morbidly obese. About 80 percent of diabetes, 30 percent hypertension, 40 percentbreast and colon cancer, and 70 percent of heart problem cases are attributed to obesity.
The rising consciousness about the medical consequences of obesity and overweight has led increasingly number of people to try diet control, exercises, pills, and therapeutic methods to shed weight and gain a toned body. Medical weight loss in San Diego at Sorrento Valley Weight Loss Center, including skinny shot injections and appetite suppressants, offers a big help in the fight against obesity and overweight.
What is medical weight loss?
Medical weight loss refers to designing a weight management program with focus on the use of medicine. It does not mean surgery or diet pills, but using a combination of low-calorie diets, medications, controlled appetite, and increased metabolic rate within the total health profile to alter the fat composition in the body.
A medical weight loss program has four key components.
- Weight loss program designed keeping in view medical roots of weight gain and use of tools that are closer to the medical science
- Use of medications, such as skinny shot injections and appetite suppressants, to prevent weight gain and accelerate metabolic rate to achieve weight loss
- Program involves breaking the cycle of food addiction and encourage low-calorie diets
- The weight loss routine is prepared with understanding of scientific basis of weight gain and loss keeping in view individual total health profile and medical roots
How medical weight loss is different from general weight loss?
General weight loss focuses on diet, exercises, and a list of do’s and don’ts. It is almost identical for all. But medical weight loss goes beyond diet and focuses on an individual approach that strikes at the medical root of obesity and weight gain. The weight loss is planned in consultation with a physician and centered on the metabolism, medical history, and appetite of each patient. The individual approach is in contrast to one-plan-fits-all approach of general weight loss program.
The medical root of weight gain is attacked with medicines and healthy weight is maintained using low-calorie diet.
How is medical weight loss different from surgical weight loss?
Medical weight loss differs completely from surgical excision of fat from the body. It takes out fat using diet and nutrition plan, fat burning prescription medications, and ensuing behavioral changes. Tools for weight loss may include skinny shot injections that encourage higher metabolic rate while controlling the appetite for eating. Low-calorie diet occupies a major percentage of the food habit to maintain weight.
What are methods of medical weight loss?
Medical weight loss focuses on weight management with primacy to medicines. These medications are prescribed based on scientific understanding of how one gains weight and becomes obese and act accordingly to prevent weight gaining. The following methods constitute part of medical weight loss programs.
- Enhancing Metabolism: Injections, such as Skinny Shot, contain lipoprotein, amino acids, and Vitamin B12 that ensure faster metabolism. As a result, fat burns quickly and body looses excess weight.
- Appetite Suppression: FDA approved appetite suppressants inhibit hunger, end food addiction, and reduce food intake, as you feel fuller. This helps loose and control weight.
- Prescription Drugs: Medicated pills containing multivitamins, fish oil, and other ingredients meant for fat burning are suggested to change body composition.
- Low Calorie Diet: Medically supervised dieting is used along with the above three methods and prescribed based on the health profile of a patient.
- HCG Diet: Human chorionic gonadotropin acts as an additional ultra-low-calorie diet. The hormone contains nutrients that help in fat melting in the body.
What is Skinny Shot and why should I go for it?
The Skinny Shot, the most famous medical weight loss tool, is an injection containing a mix of vitamin, amino acids, and various nutrients that contribute to faster metabolism and other benefits leading to weight loss. It directly helps burn fat more effectively contributing to quick weight loss. The injection is also supports improved mood, sleep, energy, and liver functioning, all indirectly contributing to fat breakdown and weight loss.
Skinny shot administered weekly has the following ingredients.
- Lipotropin, a hormone known to encourage fat burning in the body
- Vitamin B6 and B12, which accelerate fat absorption and keep the body energized despite having a calorie restricted diet. Patients lose weight and maintain the same.
- Choline, an essential amino acid, supports faster fat burning and liver detoxification, both key to weight loss.
- Inositol, an essential amino acid, helps in fat breakdown, proper carbohydrate utilization, and lower cholesterol, all three preconditions for weight loss.
- Methionine, an essential amino acid, is recognized as a catalyst for reducing fat deposited in the body.
- Adenosine encourages intracellular transfer of energy, which promotes faster metabolism. It also creates a sense of satiety that reduces the craze for eating.
- L-Carnitine promotes metabolism to build muscle mass.
Who is a candidate for medical weight loss?
Any one suffering from excessive weight gain and obesity can go for medical weight loss. It is best for those struggling to contain
their weight and do not see great success with general weight loss and dieting. Medical weight loss also works for those unable to shed weight due o food addiction or feel exercise regimen as too tasking. Whether you want to shed the last stubborn few pounds or burn big amount of fat at faster pace, the method is immensely beneficial.
How long does medical weight loss program take to reach the weight goal?
The success varies from patient to patient depending on individual body composition and approach. Skinny Shots help loose 30 to 60 pounds in a few weeks. HCG requires a month-long intake to shed a reasonable amount of weight. However, medical weight loss gives faster result than exercise and dieting and better suited to control obesity.
What are side effects of medical weight loss?
Medical weight loss is safe as the program is designed considering the total health profile and individual-specific approach. Still many patients experience increased pulse and heart rate, oily stools, gas, flatulence, constipation, hypertension, restlessness, and dry mouth mostly associated with weight loss drugs.
What are precautions to take note of for medical weight loss?
- Drink adequate water to flush out toxins and avoid constipation
- Inform doctor if you have any medical condition that may interfere with weight loss
- Ensure the your diet is sensible and balanced
- Explore impacts of adjunctive therapy on your health
- Inform your doctor about any medication you are taking to avoid contradictions
Sorrento Valley Weight Loss Center offers the top medical weight loss programs in San Diego with Board Certified physicians overseeing your care. This may include FDA approved prescription medications, the Skinny Shot and supervised diet programs. Call today for more information and to get started!